Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Research "motivated" by some of Francisco "ideas": Antoine Lutz


Antoine Lutz, PhD 

I am currently an associate scientist at the  Waisman Lab for Brain Imaging & Behavior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I am doing my research in collaboration with Prof. R. J. Davidson and several researchers from his lab. 



I am interested in understanding the neural counterparts to subjective experience and, more generally, the mechanisms underlying mind-brain-body interactions. In the first part of my research, I am studying the role of large-scale neuronal integration (neural synchrony mechanisms) during various mental states (voluntary attention, emotion generation); The emphasis of my work is in the use of introspective, or first-person, data in order to understand the function of these large-scale dynamical processes (Neurophenomenology). In the second part of my research, I am studying the relationship between mental training, as cultivated in contemplative traditions, and neuroplasticity. More precisely, I am looking at the impact of standard meditation techniques on basic affective, cognitive and social functions and on the brain mechanisms that subserve these processes.


No comments:

Post a Comment